Thursday, January 23, 2014

Like the First Time, Every Time

The Necessary Details
Join me this Saturday January 25th for the discussion that starts here, goes anywhere & ends in prayer.  Doors open at my home at 10am and we end around 2pm.  Remember - it doesn't matter when you show up or how long you stay.  My dogs will be contained in the kitchen and will beg for our food the whole time.  There will be brownies, apples, coffee and possibly a quiche (if I'm feeling up to it).  Please leave the children at home, so that you can get properly re-charged.  Parking is possible and if you need my address, phone number or directions please send me an email: sclemens247@gmail.com.  I'm so looking forward to this week's Gather Ground.  Below is the Starting Point for our Second Discussion:

Discussion #2 will be based on Good Rhythm and Complicated Women

VERSE

Romans 8:38+39 (Paul explaining the breadth of salvation to the Romans)

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

ANECDOTE

An excerpt from "Hand in my Pocket" by Alanis Morissette

"I'm broke but I'm happy
I'm poor but I'm kind
I'm short but I'm healthy, yeah

I'm high but I'm grounded
I'm sane but I'm overwhelmed
I'm lost but I'm hopeful, baby

And what it all comes down to
Is that everything's gonna be fine, fine, fine
'Cause I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is giving a high five

I feel drunk but I'm sober
I'm young and I'm underpaid
I'm tired but I'm working, yeah

I care but I'm restless
I'm here but I'm really gone
I'm wrong and I'm sorry, baby"

Keywords & Beginning Thoughts

Rhythm / Indecision / Confusion / Contentment / Power

The verses in Romans reflect a beautiful rhythm of an enthusiastic writer who was sure and passionate about his statement.  Paul's words are saturated in finality and hope.  Alanis has a rhythm of her own as well; one that I think every woman can relate to: the flip-flop of everyday life and the roller-coaster of emotions that we so easily find ourselves riding.  What's your natural rhythm? When do you feel most powerful?  When do you feel most decisive?  When do you find yourself at a loss?

Check back on Tuesday for the Discussion Highlights and to Continue the Conversation!
Comment below if you have anything specific you'd like brought up on Saturday but you know you cannot physically attend, otherwise, wait to pitch in your thoughts till Tuesday.  Either way, your contribution will be accepted with glee.



2 comments:

  1. This sounds juicy! I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/glennon-melton/the-questions-that-will-save-your-relationships_b_4618254.html This article relates very nicely to what you've presented here about confusing contrasts in our lives. It then meanders on to talk about nourishing our relationships with meaningful questions, rather than "How was your day." I loved it! I hope you do to.

    ReplyDelete