Friday, April 4, 2014

Thank God for the Reign

Hi Ladies! I must apologize for my lack of summary post for the Can I Get an "Amen" discussion.  Due to a combination of sickness and technological difficulties (i.e. The blue screen of death) everything in my life seemed to get slightly de-railed.  Luckily, 3 lovely ladies did join me a few weeks ago and we enjoyed a relaxing discussion about the power of prayer. We wandered onto various other topics including:

  • Where & when we find it easiest to pray everyday
  • Trying to be a good influence to others
  • The concept of a community garden
  • Poetry & theater
  • Hormones in our food
  • Great places to eat in Bethlehem

Tomorrow is Discussion #6 and I want to keep it simple.
I didn't really prepare much, but I'd like to encourage each of you to consider how much of life is truly out of our control. How do we deal with that hard reality? When have we learned to let God reign? When have we had to trust in His sovereign plan?

This will be our discussion starter and I'll add verses to the summary.

Remember: Join at any time, for any amount of time; the doors are open from 10-2.  Brownies, apples and coffee are all free while supplies last. Gather Ground is for all ladies - just email me if you need directions or more info.  Parking can be confusing, but I assure you it's always possible and my dogs will be confined for those who are canine-cautious.  I look forward to spending time with all of you!


1 comment:

  1. I really wish I could stop by on Saturdays. I think life is completely in God's hands but we aren't just bystanders, sometimes God needs us to take action and during those moments we have some control. Although control seems an inadequate word. I guess I deal with my lack of control by trusting in God even when things seem impossible because I hope it will get better. Hope is how I handle the reality that I have chosen not to be in charge.

    ReplyDelete